 Robotics / 14142
Re: Building a computer from Lego's
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Wed, 31 Jan 2001 01:18:29 GMT

In message <G7zp2w.4K0@lugnet.com>, "Bob Sardelli" writes:
This guy built a computer out of Tinkertoys!  So I was wondering, has anyone
ever built a computer out of legos?  Heck, has anyone ever built a working
cash register.  Certainly can be done.

Does building an abacus out of LEGO count as a computer? :-)

Mark.
----
Mark Crosbie   mark@mastincrosbie.com
Linux, Electronics and LEGO all at http://www.mastincrosbie.com/mark

"Computer" means to "compute", "compute" means to "calculate". An abacus is a hand calculator, so one could say it is a "computer". Note how we've liberally quoted terms ;-)

Now, if you really want to build something out of Lego, build a Von Neumann architecture computer. The RCX is a "Von Neumann Machine".

Harley Myler
http://macmyler.engr.ucf.edu