 Robotics / 14048
Re: New guy on the blocks
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Tue, 23 Jan 2001 00:20:45 GMT

Andy Gombos wrote:

I think that unless you are going to write your own communications routines, you
will need spirit.ocx, and use its functions to talk to the RCX. If you do not
use standard firmware, you will not need the cd. These options are also
generally more powerful.

No - I'm a Linux user and *none* of the software on the CD would work for me
anyway.  You don't need spirit.ocx for NQC programming.

Download the firmware file from Lego's web site - that (and NQC which isn't on
the CD anyway) is all you need to get going.

There is a copy of the firmware on the CD - but it'll be the clunky old 1.0 or
1.5 version - and version 2.0 is **MUCH** better.

--
Steve Baker   HomeEmail: <sjbaker1@airmail.net>
              WorkEmail: <sjbaker@link.com>