 Robotics / 13800
  Backup cd for lego movie maker

I wrecked (don't ask) my PC with this software and now the CD won't read (scratched). Any ideas? I am not a as computer savvy as you all (understatement award given here). And my kids are in the middle of movie making (fortunately all on zip disks). (...) (23 years ago, 10-Jan-01, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Backup cd for lego movie maker

Dad <lego-robotics@crynwr.com> wrote in message news:002401c07aa9$1b...ome.net... I wrecked (don't ask) my PC with this software and now the CD won't read (scratched). I can relate to the wrecking your PC part. I've heard that you can buff (...) (23 years ago, 10-Jan-01, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Backup cd for lego movie maker

(...) I once used a CD repair kit to successfully restore an audio CD that had a rather deep groove (CD half inside player, spindle became lathe). I had to grind it down with very fine sandpaper, then very very fine sandpaper, then very very very (...) (23 years ago, 10-Jan-01, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Backup cd for lego movie maker

Another option for repairing scratches on a CD are toothpaste. Using your fingers and light pressure it is often possible to smooth the scratch enough to make the CD readable. Note: You don't have to remove the scratch just smooth it out enough that (...) (23 years ago, 10-Jan-01, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Backup cd for lego movie maker

(...) I know how you feel. My Studio CD came so badly off balance that it would not read without errors. I burned it to a CR-R (At 1x!) and saved it that way. Most annoying... Dean -- Coin-Op's For Sale!: (URL) Lego Workshop: (URL) Lego Club: (URL) (23 years ago, 11-Jan-01, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Backup cd for lego movie maker

(...) Gamers Know(tm) that if you put a piece of tape or a sticker on the side with less silkscreening, you can balance the CD. The problems come from people either A> wanting the CD to be partially reflective on the top side or B> not doing a (...) (23 years ago, 11-Jan-01, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Backup cd for lego movie maker

(...) This happned to me to 2 old TDK "golden" CD-R's More recently, 3 BASF CD-RW started to fail. Against a light I can see very small (micro) "holes" that started to appear rendering the CD-RW's useless. Lost many backups on those CD-RW's :( Since (...) (23 years ago, 11-Jan-01, to lugnet.robotics)