 Robotics / 13692
Re: Power inlet to RCX 1.5?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Tue, 2 Jan 2001 16:36:12 GMT

maybe not as fun, but you could just by an RCX that has an ac adapter jack:

http://www.pldstore.com/pitsco2/catalog.cfm?dest=itempg&orderid=ID2111042268167
0742&itemid=497&secid=9&linkon=subsection&linkid=42

-ben

In lugnet.robotics, Carsten Müller writes:
Raoul Sullivan wrote:

I have a power supply that gives 9.3 volts and can give 130mA. Just 3
questions -
3) How the hell do I connect the power supply to the RCX? The contacts for
the batteries are not arranged in a "normal" manner - in other words, it is
as if each battery is linked in individually - I can't tell if they are all
linked in series, although they must be.

Yes, they are linked in series.
Have a look at http://graphics.stanford.edu/~kekoa/rcx/parts.jpg

Aktualy the picture shows a RCX 1.0 The 1.5 design is sligtly different
but the battery box is the same.

greatings Carsten