 Robotics / 13604
  Different motor speeds?

Folks: 1040EST 363-2000 Now that I'm "off and running" with regard to emailing to the list I thought I'd ask a question that's been going through my mind. I've build a very (VERY) simple robot that basically consists of two medium sized wheels (...) (24 years ago, 28-Dec-00, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Different motor speeds?

(...) So few days left in the year, eh? (...) According to what I've read, all LEGO motors spin better in one direction than another. And you're going to be hard-pressed to find two motors that spin at exactly the same speed in the same direction, (...) (24 years ago, 28-Dec-00, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Different motor speeds?

(...) Well, we've talked a bout this quite a lot over the past month or so - and as I'm sure others will say - you can't guarantee that all motors have identical speeds - and it's known that the motors spin slightly faster "forwards" than (...) (24 years ago, 28-Dec-00, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Different motor speeds?

(...) No two motors give the exact same power output. In order to overcome that you have the basic solution: you connect 1 motor to an differential, the power is divided over both wheels. A side-effect of this method, is that if one wheel has lesser (...) (24 years ago, 28-Dec-00, to lugnet.robotics)