 Robotics / 13604
13603  |  13605
Subject:
Different motor speeds?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Thu, 28 Dec 2000 15:43:34 GMT

Folks: 1040EST 363-2000

Now that I'm "off and running" with regard to emailing to
the list I thought I'd ask a question that's been going through my
mind.

I've build a very (VERY) simple robot that basically consists
of two medium sized wheels coupled directly to the motors so I could
begin to play around with the programing.  I've noticed that one
motor seems to go ever so slightly faster than the other even with
the power setting to the motors A and C set identically.  This
causes my little 'bot to go in a wide circle when it is supposed
to be going straight.

Is this a fault in one of my motors or is it a basic flaw of
design I can fix by using gears to couple the wheels to the motors or
something?
--

Richard "Doc" Kinne, BA
Food Management Services Technical Support Rep., The CBORD Group, Inc.