 Robotics / 1350
    Air Tank overload?? —Kevin A. Saddi
   I just got the Search Sub kit and it's great. The main reason I got this one is because it came with the air tank. I was wondering, what would happen if, oh let's say I had a compressor attached to a running motor (to supply the air tank with (...) (26 years ago, 12-Dec-98, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: Air Tank overload?? —Tony Firshman
     In article <3671BD48.C514686E@gte.net>, Kevin A. Saddi <ksaddi@gte.net> writes (...) I use a pneumatic actuator retrained with rubber band. When pressure is high enough it makes a contact (wire in foil on the moving arm and similar on a lego brick (...) (26 years ago, 12-Dec-98, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: Air Tank overload?? —Joe Greene
     I'll try to get some scans of my compressor+tank+pressure switch system online this week. I use the large hand pumps connected to 24tooth geers on eihter side of a worm gear ->24tooth gear assmbly that is powered by the newer 9V motor. This (...) (26 years ago, 30-Dec-98, to lugnet.robotics)

         Re: Air Tank overload?? —Dean Lovell
      I tried a fish tank pump for this purpose, but it was enough psi. I only bought the lowest end pump so maybe some of the larger ones would work?? Anyone had success with fish tank pumps?? Dean. (URL) (26 years ago, 31-Dec-98, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: Air Tank overload?? —Adam McDonagh
     I don't think that you can overload the tank. If you take the pump and put your finger over the hole and press the pump the air will compress a little but then because it can't compress anymore the air comes out some other way (you can hear it (...) (26 years ago, 8-Mar-99, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: Air Tank overload?? —Mario Ferrari
   (...) There are many compressor on the web. You can see my version on my web site (Lego/Mindstorm section, S5 creature). I used an idea from Bert Van Dam's page to stop the compressor when pressure is enough. (Bert's address on my page too). Mario (...) (26 years ago, 10-Mar-99, to lugnet.robotics)