 Robotics / 13387
Re: Using Vision Command as a Smart Sensor
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.vc
Date:
Wed, 6 Dec 2000 19:20:59 GMT

In lugnet.robotics, Michael Gasperi writes:
hoped would be developed with Vision Command. Thanks for the posting.

Were you able to make it work with NQC?  If it was, I'd like to see the
code.  Despite the association with my friend Dave Baum, I don't use NQC.

Hi folks,

i do it in a task like this :

int global_message;

task Read_VC_Messages ()
{
  int j;
  int local_message = 0;
  ClearMessage();
  while (true)
  {
    while (!local_message)
    {
     local_message = Message();
     Wait(10); // don't know if necessary ?!?
    }
    ClearMessage();
    global_message = local_message;
    local_message = 0;
   }
}

global_message is ;-) a global message where the last message received is
stored.

Rainer

P.S.: Michael; nice to read my name on your homepage ! Thank you !
There is a thing you perhaps should change. You wrote that it doesn't matter
what command you chose. It makes a difference if you use the power command or
the drive one second command, because then the VC-software does NOTHING for one
second.
By the way, are you interested in placing the possibility of changing the
regions on your homepage (http://news.lugnet.com/robotics/vc/?n=49) ? I would
be proud.