 Robotics / 13069
Re: MOC: Radio Controlled Tank.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics
Date:
Mon, 6 Nov 2000 12:03:07 GMT

This is a nice looking model, especially with all the functions.

Thx.

As to more traction, you could use alternating regular chain links and tread links and
mount a 1x4 plate on each tread link, studs out.

I use a 1x3 plate when I want more traction. The problem is that the
plates often get ripped of when driving... I prefer the low-friction
solution. I am thinking that some glue from my glue gun on each tread
link will do the trick. But the links are somewhat rare as-is so I
don't want to try that one.

"Fredrik Glöckner" <fredrik.glockner@bio.uio.no> wrote in message news:qrdofzx3z35.fsf@masterblaster.uio.no...
Here's an idea you can try to have them slip a bit less.  Do you have
the ordinary chain links too?  Then ones without the wide tread?  If
so use an ordinary chain link for every third link, say.  Like this:

Good idea, that one was new to me. Although, as I also wrote, the low
friction is a plus on this particular model, but I'll keep this
solution in mind to future models!

/Tobbe