 Robotics / 13068
Re: Motorize Focus on Vision Command Camera
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Mon, 6 Nov 2000 08:36:40 GMT

Hi Robert,

In lugnet.robotics, Robert G. Fay writes:
The glue is drying. Check it out at:
http://www.geocities.com/Heartland/Bluffs/7900/Vision.htm
I sawed the tabs off the large half of the Big turntable and scraped the
ridge from the center hole. The gear is braced and the glue has been
applied. It will be driven with a micromotor and gear train. Tune in
tomorrow to see if it works.
--

thanks for the pictures.
One may call your design a bit untraditional and questionable, but

I tried to construct a drive made of a single tire meshed with the focus ring,
later I used a pair of tires applied from oposite sides, but always the
construction was very large and did not work properly.

It is a pity that the LEGO did not add a Technic compatible "interface" for
controlling the focus. A simple hole for a Technic axle would be
the best solution. I hope it will added in the next version.
Vision Command without controlled focus is just a Half-Blind Command.

Jan