 Robotics / 12908
  Is Robotics Discovery Set good?

I got a catalog today from a science store in Toronto, and it has relativley low priced Mindstorms. There are Droid Developers for $105.00, and Robotics Discovery for $159.95. This is quite close to the American price, so I think it is a better (...) (24 years ago, 25-Oct-00, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.loc.ca.on)

  Re: Is Robotics Discovery Set good?

(...) The RDS is a really cool set. And if it is your first time programming then i think its the way to go. The only real drawbacks i see with the scout is it does not support the rotation sensor and it only has two inputs(that you can change (...) (24 years ago, 25-Oct-00, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.loc.ca.on)

  Re: Is Robotics Discovery Set good?

(...) Brad, if you can, go for the RCX (RIS) It will be usable for MANY years to come as you grow. I have all three units and I can tell you that the RCX (RIS) is the best. There was another message group that discussed all this in detail. (URL) the (...) (24 years ago, 25-Oct-00, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.loc.ca.on)

  Re: Is Robotics Discovery Set good?

(...) come as (...) I think the Robot Invntion system is too much money. Since i'm gettng the Cyber Strikers set, a $60 dinosaur book, and perhaps other things for Christmas too, I don't think I'd be allowed to do that. And I don't really like (...) (24 years ago, 25-Oct-00, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.loc.ca.on)

  Re: Is Robotics Discovery Set good?

(...) You can do that with the Scout. (Note: Micro-Scout and Scout are NOT the same) The scout comes with some nice stuff. But to use the full power of the Scout you're going to need a transmitter for the PC. Lego or Ebay should have them. The (...) (24 years ago, 26-Oct-00, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.loc.ca.on)

  Re: Is Robotics Discovery Set good?

Hi, Bradley. As other people already told you, RIS is the most complete set. It is also the more expensive too. If you are looking for a cheaper and easier version, go for the Discovery set. The controller that comes with it, the Scout, has some (...) (24 years ago, 26-Oct-00, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.loc.ca.on)

  Re: Is Robotics Discovery Set good?

(...) RIS is still selling in the US for US$180 or so - RDS has dropped A LOT in price and our local 'Fry's discount electronics warehouse has them at US$68. Droid developers is hopeless - except perhaps as an add-on set once you have one of the (...) (24 years ago, 26-Oct-00, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Is Robotics Discovery Set good?

Hi I think RDS is the best to you, except touch sensor, you also can use external light sensor in Scout, you can do most thing that RCX can do. I don't know if you can write NQC program as you are so young, you can refer page at (URL) there is a (...) (24 years ago, 26-Oct-00, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.loc.ca.on)