 Robotics / 12841
Re: The Datalog
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Fri, 20 Oct 2000 00:08:46 GMT

Dean Husby wrote:

        I don't want to crash your party, but I thik you just
described legos as in news:lugnet.robotics.legos ;-)

LegOS doesn't use the standard Byte Codes... So, no I did not...

If I was proficient in C I probably would like it.

Unfortunately, unless you completely re-engineer the standard firmware
you probably won't get the power you need.  The jump from LegOS to
NQC is relatively painless once you get a working LegOS compiler up and
running.  I was actually able to easily port much of my NQC code over
to LegOS and get it running well.

LegOS will give you access to much more memory so if you are looking for
large data structures to represent internal Maps and such, it is the
way to go.  The 6k of working memory the stock firmware gives you via
NQC is pretty small, I think LegOS gives you about 18k free memory after
you get the kernel loaded.

Now's a good time to learn C anyways, I know LegOS has helped me
re-fresh and bone up on my long neglected C coding skills!

Dave