 Robotics / 12731
Re: The Datalog
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Tue, 10 Oct 2000 19:15:02 GMT

I have noticed a number of comments about the RCX byte code
system, including this thread, which would like to see some sort of
datalog read function.

My question is;

Does Lego have a copyright on the byte code interpretation?

If not, then wouldn't it be possible to use the LegOS development
environment to build a replacement to firm0328 which would include
some extra byte codes for such functions?

I would have no problems using such a combination of NQC version 3
with someone's firm0331 :)

Who knows, perhaps a more direct implimentation of a special array
variable could be included along the lines of reserving 30 and 31. 30
would be the index, and 31 would access the indexed location in a
variable space outside 0 - 31. I could use this tomorrow if it existed!
Heck, I'd go home and start right now!

JB