 Robotics / 12786
Re: Vision Command camera questions
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Mon, 16 Oct 2000 17:29:42 GMT

I'm willing to bet that the issue here isn't even technical (as far as the
software is concerned). It is probably the installer script which was written
to check if the platform is for Win 98 or NT - and when it doesn't find either,
it doesn't let you install.

It may also be that marketing or quality control at Lego might insist that the
software be certified by Microsoft as being Win2K compliant before officially
supporting it. Technically, there is very little new in Win2K - it is mainly
Win NT guts with Win 98 add-ons.

-- V

Dean Husby wrote:

Ryan Shannon wrote:

its important to state that while the camera will work with Win 2k, the
software will not. Doesn't even let you *try* and install it. If you're
using 2k you basically have bought yourself an expensive web-cam.

What?!?!?!

Oh man, I didn't even try, I'm moving to 2000 in a week. Damn!

C'mon LEGO(r) if your only going to support Windows THEN support Windows...

Dean