 Robotics / 12757
Re: Vision Command camera questions
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Sun, 15 Oct 2000 00:00:16 GMT

"Fredrik Glöckner" wrote:

Hi,

I have a few questions about the camera in the Vision Command set.
Sorry if these are FAQs.

I can answer a few of your questions. I was able to play with the Cam Last
night.

Does it work on Windows 95?  The box says that Windows 98 is required.

It's USB so it requires That windows supports it. 98 and 98SE do as well as
2000.
Win95 and Nt 4 & under do not.
Win95OSR2 MAY support it as it had limited USB support.

Does it have any adjustable focus at all or is it just a fix focus
camera?

It does have a focus ring and it was nice! I could point the cam at 6 inches
then at 9 feet without having to turn the ring!

What is the closest you can go to a sunject and still get a clear photo?
Can you take a picture of a minifig, say, and nothing else, and get a
clear shot?

I was doing 6 inches without a problem. You may be able to get closer
turning the ring.

Can the software be used to make MPEG compressed videos, or is there
some kind of proprietary video system?

I didn't look that far but I'm sure it can be exported into some sort of
common format.

Dean
--
Coin-Op's For Sale!: http://www.akasa.bc.ca/tfm/coin-op.html