 Robotics / 1254
    2 RCX communication on the same model —Linc Smith
   If you set a motor_out to free wheel, and attached the output end to another RCX input for a touch sensor, could you simulate a touch event by turning of free wheel for a moment? If so is there any way that different messages could be sent like: (...) (26 years ago, 9-Dec-98, to lugnet.robotics)

        RE: 2 RCX communication on the same model —Tim McSweeney
     (...) Um, you should be able to just point the RCX's ports at each other and talk via the IR link. What development environment are you using? check it's manual for the functions to send and receive bytes via IR. Cheers Tim (26 years ago, 9-Dec-98, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: 2 RCX communication on the same model —Linc Smith
   Embarrassed... I am just starting, and have been using the *Mindstorms* RCX code (that's my problem); it doesn't send IR messages. Since sending that post, I have downloaded and started to look at the Gordon's Brick Command programming interface. It (...) (26 years ago, 9-Dec-98, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: 2 RCX communication on the same model —Matthew Miller
   (...) You mean the RIS/GUI language? It _does_ have an IR message function. (26 years ago, 10-Dec-98, to lugnet.robotics)

   Matthew Miller wrote in message ... (...) my (...) I mean the one that came with the RIS. I will have a look again the program training modules for IR communication. Maybe I missed it. I am not using this interface any more, but will look to see if (...) (26 years ago, 10-Dec-98, to lugnet.robotics)