 Robotics / 12462
Re: Making temporary lines on floors
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Tue, 19 Sep 2000 14:48:37 GMT

"Kevin Reid" <kpreid@attglobal.net> wrote in message
news:1eh5gig.1u4zrba1bc7c6gN%kpreid@attglobal.net...
Someone suggested masking tape, but that wouldn't be good for long • term
usage (leaves residue when removed). I'd like something that can be • left
on indefinitely (hours to weeks) without damaging the surface.

Good masking tape doesn't leave a residue.  That is why it is called
masking tape -- you use it temporarily to mask off a surface, and then
you remove it.

On carpet I would also try making lines with string, and having the
robots follow the string.

alex