 Robotics / 12256
  IR to FM

Hello all! As I am constructing an RC guided Lego Car (No, I don't want to buy a 5600. I want to create it all out of individual Lego bricks.), I thought it must be able to make an IR to FM link, like those little things you see to transmit IR (...) (24 years ago, 28-Aug-00, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: IR to FM

(...) 5600. (...) anyone (...) I am currently working on this very project. I have decided to use 2 RCX's as I want to keep the project strictly Mindstorms. I realize that IR won't allow the car to go very far from the controller, but I'll live with (...) (24 years ago, 29-Aug-00, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: IR to FM

(...) Well, I know a little about the format of Radio control signals of the kind you get in RC planes and cars. There is a signal pattern (which can be either FM or AM depending on the waveband of the radio) that represents a train of pulses that (...) (24 years ago, 29-Aug-00, to lugnet.robotics)

  RE: IR to FM

(...) Simon, Check out my RCX Servo driver. This lets you drive up to 6! servos from the three RCX outputs. The miodule is easy to build, but I'm thinking of making it avaialble in board form. Any interest out there? (URL) Cheers, Ralph Hempel - (...) (24 years ago, 29-Aug-00, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: IR to FM

(...) I'm interested, as I tried to build it a while ago and it never worked. Maybe just soldering components to a PCB will get me a better result. I already got a John Barnes style Servo commander, But I haven't used it yet due to a lack of time. (...) (24 years ago, 31-Aug-00, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: IR to FM

<snapped an excellent technical description> (...) kinds (...) I wasn't exactly thinking of the RCX doing the smart job of the FM communication. I imagined more of the RCX just outputting IR signals to an apparatus that translates them to FM. These (...) (24 years ago, 31-Aug-00, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: IR to FM

Hi, Here is a link on ebay for the exact item I was talking about: (URL) Original Message ----- From: "Simon Bogaert" <lego-robotics@crynwr.com> To: <lugnet.robotics@lugnet.com> Sent: Thursday, August 31, 2000 6:12 PM Subject: Re: IR to FM (...) (...) (24 years ago, 2-Sep-00, to lugnet.robotics)