 Robotics / 12115
Re: Gone with the wind
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Sun, 13 Aug 2000 06:26:56 GMT

"Kevin Reid" <kpreid@attglobal.net> wrote:
Mario Ferrari <mario.ferrari@edis.it> wrote:

While you are there, you might want to have a look at Otto, a large
octagonal two RCXs pneumatic R2-D2 style robot:

http://www.geocities.com/~marioferrari/otto/otto.html

I wish I could build things like that...

When I looked, I couldn't figure out from the pictures:

  * How are the legs attached to the body?
  * How do the pneumatic switches work? (Your picture shows only the
gears, and I can't see how they move the switches.)
  * How does the hand open/close?

I  received many requests to publish details of the pneumatic hand, the
switches and other parts. All of them are easily detachable units, I'll take
some more pics and update the page in a few days.

Mario