 Robotics / 12106
  Library of Tricks?

I was looking at Jun Yu's clever little Hexapod design, and thinking that I'm a *long* way from having the skills to design something neat and compact like that. Is there anywhere on the web - or in a book somewhere - a "library" of clever little (...) (24 years ago, 13-Aug-00, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Library of Tricks?

(...) clever (...) Man, that's exactly what I'd love to see ... a set of Design Patterns for Lego construction, much like Alexander's patterns for architecture or the Gang of Four's patterns for object-oriented software. I smell a book opportunity (...) (24 years ago, 13-Aug-00, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Library of Tricks?

(...) Exactly. So you (at least) don't know of such a thing...I couldn't find anything like that from an hour of searching the web. There are HUNDREDS of sites with photos of cool Lego robotic things - some with detailed descriptions of very clever (...) (24 years ago, 13-Aug-00, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Library of Tricks?

Have a look at this page: (URL) Matthews Steve Baker <lego-robotics@crynwr.com> wrote in message news:3995FAAE.B3B8A9...ail.net... (...) compact (...) clever (...) motor (...) I (...) together (...) be. (...) space (...) contribute (...) with (...) (...) (24 years ago, 13-Aug-00, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Library of Tricks?

I've been looking for the same thing ever since the Mindstorm set first came out. I eventually gave up. Resorted to making my own. If I happen to run across any web site that has an interesting tip, trick, design or oddity I save the page onto a Zip (...) (24 years ago, 15-Aug-00, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Library of Tricks?

(...) So what's needed is a way to present that information and share it. I would have thought that one or two photos - plus a one-line 'index' description author's name/email/website and a longer full description would suffice to document each (...) (24 years ago, 15-Aug-00, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Library of Tricks?

(...) This would be a perfect project to keep up with my (little) knowledge of scripting and database design. Such a website could be totally automated and could be built with php scripts and mysql db. If you want this to be made, I have to be sure (...) (24 years ago, 16-Aug-00, to lugnet.robotics)