 Robotics / 11981
Re: Should I buy the RIS1.5 now or wait RIS 2.0
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Fri, 4 Aug 2000 08:24:39 GMT

You can find some information from
http://www.legomindstorms.com/sdk2/index.html, here is part of them:

A LEGO MINDSTORMS Robotics Invention System 2.0 set will be sent to the winners
when it becomes available in stores. (Planned global launch is Spring 2001.)
       However, the winners will have the option to exchange the price for a
set of the forth-coming LEGO MINDSTORMS Vision Command product plus a the LEGO
       MINDSTORMS Robotics Invention System 2.0 Upgrade Kit

I think the Upgrade Kit will include new instructions, software and some parts.

Zhengrong

In lugnet.robotics, Andy Wong writes:
Guys,

I want to buy RIS but please advise should I buy the 1.5 now or wait the 2.0
next year?

BTW, is the RCX updateable (just like the PalmOS) and what is the difference
for a full set (2.0) and upgrade kit (1.5 to 2.0) ?

Please advise.

Regards,