 Robotics / 11835
Re: Pneumatics and its uses
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Tue, 11 Jul 2000 01:38:21 GMT

I have already tried and rejected 1 and 2. I am on 3. There's a guy
on ebay who has been selling Clippard ETO 3 valves. They are 6 volt
devices and seem to work just great at the pressures involved. I am
in the process of building a 6 "channel" controller, so I can control
six lego pneumatic circuits.
What sort of prices are we talking about here?  I found some small, low
power electronic valves here in Australia; (geez there's a lot of
terminology in this industry) they cost $126!!  Ouch!  I was thinking that
you might be able to get something for around $20...  but they're pretty
cool anyway. You can get them with double acting solenoids, so that it
throws from one position to the other, and then you shut the current off.
Saves on battery consumption :-)
These things can run straight off a PLC; they're very low input current.
They've got built in surge protectors and the lot!