 Robotics / 11832
Re: Pneumatics and its uses
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Tue, 11 Jul 2000 00:53:49 GMT

3. Use solenoid operated air valves to operate the pneumatic stuff.

I have already tried and rejected 1 and 2. I am on 3. There's a guy
on ebay who has been selling Clippard ETO 3 valves. They are 6 volt
devices and seem to work just great at the pressures involved. I am
in the process of building a 6 "channel" controller, so I can control
six lego pneumatic circuits.
Sounds good!  I checked out the Clippard home page and I can't find the
valves you are referring to.  Nor can I find any relevant EBay auctions.  Do
you have any more info?

One thing that I tried is running the bot off liquified gas.  CFC's would be
ideal, but I guess Butane will have to do.  I realy hope my robot doesn't
explode!  The advantage of liquified gas is that you can get hours of
constant pressure from a small can.  Compressed gas will always give
variable pressure; and unless you're talking scuba-tank 200ATM presures with
regulators et.el. you just have to have an onboard compressor.  I've never
seen a good lego design for a compact, high volume compressor yet.  The ones
I make are always enormous!