 Robotics / 11816
Re: USB IR tower?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Tue, 4 Jul 2000 10:27:46 GMT

At 19:47 03-07-2000 GMT, Greg Betzel wrote:
Does anybody know if a USB version of the Mindstorms' IR tower has been
seriously considered, and/or if one would happen to be in the works?

I'm almost certain that the upcoming RCX 2.0 's IR-Tower is USB.

(FWIW, a USB-enabled PBrick with a decent cord, like the upcomming Vision
Command system, would be nice to have too.  But one thing at a time :) )

A RF comms would be even nicer, like my Cybermaster :)
The only advantage of a USB-PBrick instead of a RF-PBrick(+IR to
inter-PBrick comms) would be that the PBrick could draw power from the USB
instead of the bateries... ? hmmm... dunno if it would be the best solution

Marco C. aka McViper