 Robotics / 11421
Re: Lego Blimp Project
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Wed, 3 May 2000 18:05:17 GMT

These sound like interesting projects. Are there any pictures or webpages on
them?

Tilman Sporkert <lego-robotics@crynwr.com> wrote in message
Unfortunately, the blimp never left the ground. We found that we would
need a baloon about the size of a VW beetle to get our equipment in • the
air. We are currently working on a project involving suspended • tracks...

I did some work on that. It was for a webcam that could move around and • lower
a part of it with the camera and could spin around... It was going fine • until
I realized I had to support the track every few inches. WAY to many • holes in
the ceiling for a rental. Sigh. So I switched to a track on the ground.

Use an intermediate support, like a 8ft long 2x4. Then you only have to • support
the 2x4 at the two ends. And you can make holes in the 2x4 to mount your • track
all day long and not worry.

Tilman