 Robotics / 11377
Re: Duplex Comms with RCX
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.tele, lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc
Date:
Thu, 27 Apr 2000 01:20:16 GMT

Dave Baum  <dbaum@spambgoneenteract.com> wrote:
I just haven't found a non-intrusive method for keeping the tower alive.
I hate transmitting garbage every few seconds and possibly trampling
incoming data.

It seems to me that, given the current hardware, the choices are: send junk
or let the tower go dead.  My thinking is that if you send junk and trample
something, so be it; the tower would have gone dead anyways, forcing you to
lose whatever it was you wanted to receive if you hadn't kept the tower
alive in the first place.

Obviously new hardware (or a hardware hack) would be preferred, but short
of these, what other choices are there?

-Kekoa