 Robotics / 11205
  Will RCX work on PowerBook G3?

(...) I am having difficulties hooking up RoboLab to a PowerBook G3. First, I am used to a Windows machine, but have had exposure to Macintoshes for many years. The PowerBook differs from a regular Macintosh as it does not have a real 9-pin serial (...) (24 years ago, 4-Apr-00, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Will RCX work on PowerBook G3?

I have an older PowerBook G3 - and I think the quoted email below was directed at me a few months back. I bought the cable, and it works great. But my PowerBook still has the 9-pin printer/modem/serial port which the described cable connects to, and (...) (24 years ago, 4-Apr-00, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Will RCX work on PowerBook G3?

A USB-Serial converter works fine for me on my iMac. -Greg (...) (24 years ago, 5-Apr-00, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Will RCX work on PowerBook G3?

(...) Please state the Brand and Model... Dean -- Coin-Op's For Sale!: (URL) Lego Workshop: (URL) Lego Club: (URL) (24 years ago, 5-Apr-00, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Will RCX work on PowerBook G3?

I actually purchased a Mac serial/USB to 9-pin serial converter, unfortunately, all of the ports I have are not for a printer or a modem, which the software seems to be very picky about. My one serial port is for S-Video out and the USB ports aren't (...) (24 years ago, 5-Apr-00, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Will RCX work on PowerBook G3?

(...) As for item #2, it won't work. IR on a PowerBook (and almost every other IR capable computer) is IrDA. See my previous posts for more info.... (URL) I am having difficulties hooking up RoboLab to a PowerBook G3. First, I (...) Just to set the (...) (24 years ago, 6-Apr-00, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Will RCX work on PowerBook G3?

(...) I'm using a Keyspan USB/Serial Adapter. It has two Mini DIN-8 jacks on it. I have it connected to an iBook (via an Entrega USB hub - "machub 4u") and have also used it on a PowerMac. I had a bit of trouble getting all the software pieces to (...) (24 years ago, 6-Apr-00, to lugnet.robotics)