 Robotics / 11239
Re: Will RCX work on PowerBook G3?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Thu, 6 Apr 2000 16:08:52 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

In lugnet.robotics, Dean Husby writes:
Greg Wilson wrote:

A USB-Serial converter works fine for me on my iMac.

Please state the Brand and Model...

I'm using a Keyspan USB/Serial Adapter. It has two Mini DIN-8 jacks on it. I
have it connected to an iBook (via an Entrega USB hub - "machub 4u") and have
also used it on a PowerMac. I had a bit of trouble getting all the software
pieces to coexist peacefully, but am now using it reliably with Robolab. You
have to get the right combination of physical serial port, driver settings, and
Robolab preferences.

The tech support people at Pitsco LEGO/Dacta were quite helpful in getting me
going. Apparently they recommend the Entrega USB/serial adapter over the
Entrega, but they knew details of which driver to use for the Keyspan model.

Andy