 Robotics / 1117
Fw: local user groups...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Fri, 4 Dec 1998 19:00:16 GMT

Speaking as someone who _is_ on the mailing list I'd like to reiterate the
question. Can someone please provide more explicit instructions for
subscribing to said groups, like maybe a URL where there is an index, or an
email address with subscription formatting instructions, etc.

Thanks in advance,
trowt
-----Original Message-----
From: Linc Smith <lugnet.robotics@lugnet.com>
To: lego-robotics@crynwr.com <lego-robotics@crynwr.com>
Date: Friday, December 04, 1998 1:00 PM
Subject: Re: local user groups...

Barfoot, William: wrote in message ...
can you provide me with more explicit instructions for this. I would
like to join the Phoenix group.

Sure!

Lugnet has individual groups for all the major cities of the world.  You can
subscribe to the one that is closest to you (just like you are subscribed to
Lugnet.robotics).  Todd has chosen them to be well spaced, and if you
subscribe to the... say Seattle group, but don't quite live in Seattle...
there will be others in the same situation, and perhaps even closer to you
that they are to Seattle.

Like I said, I quickly met 5 fellow enthusiasts in my area and we started a
group (we live in the same city).  We collectively keep track of Lego sales
and set sightings around at all the Lego selling stores here.  I have heard
of mini-Lego fests where individuals in the same area (not the same city)
decide on a mutual meeting place for everyone.

I forgot that some here  on robotics are coming in through the mail list.
you might want to check out subscribing to the Lugnets groups directly as
well... especially to get access to the location groups.

Todd will likely be jumping in here soon to straighten out any other
questions, and correct this email (if there is any to be made)

LINC

BTW you will want Lugnet.loc.us.az.phx, and that group has 30 posts... good
builders too.