 Robotics / 11015
Re: What should I buy for a robotics course?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Mon, 13 Mar 2000 08:30:38 GMT

On Sun, 12 Mar 2000 21:24:40 GMT, "Scarius" <scarius@drexel.edu> wrote:

In lugnet.robotics, David Arnon writes:
- The following is a list of LEGO Technic sets available in the 200 catalog
that seemed to provide a good assortment of parts. From this list we're going
to pick sets (almost definitely the 8462 Tow Truck and some others) to buy to
put into kits for our students:
http://144.118.234.206/robotron/kits/legoSetsToPurchase.txt

I have bought the 8446 - Crane/Demolition Truck.
Its a very usefull set if you are intersted in building truck-like robots. It has a lot of gears, axles, beams, 6 nice
mars explration wheel, a large turntable, a differential, two steer racks, new technic elements seen in throwbots
including the new gear box

Marc Klein
A Mindstorms fan.