 Robotics / 10928
Re: Spirit.ocx in VC++
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Sun, 5 Mar 2000 14:49:03 GMT

Hi Len,

On Sun, 5 Mar 2000 00:54:22 GMT you wrote:

Looking at the docs it seems the UploadDatalog method returns
a VB safe array as a variant if it succeeds.

Exactly.

You should be able to find details of handling the type if you
search for safe array or VT_ARRAY in the help...

Actually, I've been digging into the MSDN for quite a long time
without any significant result.  :(

It seems that the UploadDatalog method does not work as described
in the Lego docs. Since spirit.ocx was thought for VB, I suspect
it is not portable one-to-one to VC++. Or at least this is what
it's happening to me...  :]

The variant is a kludge for loosely typed languages, it's basically
just a union of all valid types with an additional field that
determines the actual type.

Wouldn't it be better to agree upon the actual data type?  ;)

Bye,

      Antonio