 Robotics / 10925
Re: Spirit.ocx in VC++
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Sun, 5 Mar 2000 00:54:22 GMT

Looking at the docs it seems the UploadDatalog method returns a VB safe
array as a variant if it succeeds. You should be able to find details of
handling the type if you search for safe array or VT_ARRAY in the help...

The variant is a kludge for loosely typed languages, it's basically just a
union of all valid types with an additional field that determines the actual
type. It's handy to have in a loosely typed, late binding environment and a
pain in C++ :)

----- Original Message -----
From: iant <iant@libero.it>
To: <lego-robotics@crynwr.com>
Sent: Saturday, March 04, 2000 1:49 PM
Subject: Spirit.ocx in VC++

Hi All,

I'm trying to use Spirit.ocx control within a VC++ program.
Polling sensors and motors is quite easy, but I am completely
stuck in uploading the datalog.

The problem is that UploadDatalog method returns a "Variant"
data type, and I don't know how to deal with this data type
in VC++. (To be honest I hardly understand the need for such
a data type, but this is another issue... ;)

Is there anyone that can help me?

Thanks in advance,

                    Antonio