 Robotics / 10780
  RE: Subsumption Architecture

(...) (URL) in the papers online section. Regards, Lars Nilsson (25 years ago, 22-Feb-00, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Subsumption Architecture

(...) (URL) Gion tcg3j@cs.virginia.edu (fastest) or gion@cs.virginia.edu (URL) (25 years ago, 22-Feb-00, to lugnet.robotics)

  Subsumption Architecture

I read some posts where people mentioned programming based on this architeture. I found that the author is Prof. Rodney Brooks from MIT, but I couldn't find any information about it on MIT site (www.ai.mit.edu). Could anyone give me a clue where I (...) (25 years ago, 22-Feb-00, to lugnet.robotics)

  Subsumption Architecture - Print Resources

Cambrian Intelligence: The Early History of the New AI Rodney A. Brooks ISBN 0-262-52263-2 $25 US I also find useful, Intelligent Behaviour in Animals and Robots D. McFarland, T. Bosser ISBN 0-262-13293-1 ? There is also another booked called (...) (25 years ago, 23-Feb-00, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Subsumption Architecture - Print Resources

(...) A collection of Brooks' most famous and most influential articles ("Intelligence without representation", etc.) over the last 15 years. Fairly technical and often not too clear: Brooks's ideas were still developing and you'll notice shifts in (...) (25 years ago, 23-Feb-00, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Subsumption Architecture - Print Resources

(...) This is a good book. Its a bit "dense" with scholarly papers, that, unfortunates leave out many details you might like to have, but its a good intro. (...) I don't care as much for this one. Arkin starts out with behavior based robotics but (...) (25 years ago, 23-Feb-00, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Subsumption Architecture

My book contains an introduction to subsumption architecture and examples in NQC and C. The NQC example is in Chapter 9 and the C example is in Chapter 10. The source code is available online: (URL) the link for "Examples". The relevant programs are (...) (25 years ago, 23-Feb-00, to lugnet.robotics)