 Robotics / 10581
Re: Problem with the bytekode 25 xx.. start task download..
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Wed, 9 Feb 2000 02:55:26 GMT

"Denis Cousineau" <decousin@indiana.edu> wrote
Here an extract from kekoa's page [with respect to opcode 25 -- start task • download>
"byte unknown Always 0.
short task Task index. 0..9.
short length Task length.

For those that are interested in trivia, the "unknown" byte in opcode 25 is
a bit map indicating which of the eight possible subroutines are called by
the task. The RCX firmware checks this map in the implementation of "start
subroutine download", "delete subroutine" and "delete all subroutines"
opcodes to determine which active tasks need to be stopped because they
could potentially be executing in the subroutine being modified and the task
"program counter" could get corrupted.

The RCX firmware has been designed to allow task and subroutine download /
delete while other tasks are executing. I doubt if this has much real value
though.