 Robotics / 10472
Re: Legos get you into college
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Wed, 2 Feb 2000 16:43:58 GMT

John A. Hern Jr writes:
> Yes, but note that they are not a technical college, and that they are
> doing this to recruit minority students to fill a quota.  Would you want
> to be operated on by a medical doctor who got his degree based on how
> well he could assemble legos?

It's relevent, John.  A group is given the task of replicating a Lego
model of a robot.  They're in one room, the robot is in another.
Everyone in the group gets a timed look at the mode. They can't take
notes, and they have to look at it alone.  Then they get together to
build it.  They get points based on how well they cooperate.  If I had
a surgeon operating on me, you bet I want to know that he can work in
a team!

--
-russ nelson <sig@russnelson.com>  http://russnelson.com
Crynwr sells support for free software  | PGPok | "Ask not what your country