 Robotics / 10336
Re: Home-made Light Bricks
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Thu, 27 Jan 2000 22:57:22 GMT

To prove this, stick a fan in front of a digital clock... watch through the
fan blades as you turn it on and as it slows to a stop... the fan will act as
a strobe light and you will see which segments actually are on at the same
time... pretty neat trick for the easily amused like me :)

Dave

In lugnet.robotics, "Tilman Sporkert" <tilman@activesw.com> writes:
the LED, you can generate a series of bright flashes. That's how your digital
clock with LED display works - the different segments of the digits are • actually
never on at the same time. Each segment just flashes very brightly for a short
time. Your eyes are too slow to notice that, and it appears as if the LED is • on
constantly.

Tilman