 Dear LEGO / 1442
Re: Home-made Light Bricks
Newsgroups:
lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.robotics
Date:
Wed, 26 Jan 2000 23:52:25 GMT

In lugnet.dear-lego, Tom Covo writes:
   LEDs will only light up if the current is travelling in the right
direction (polarity). So what I did was connect two LEDs, one green and one
red, in different directions. What happens is this:

You can actually buy a single LED which operates the way you described.  It
will be colorless when off, light up red one way and green the other, and if
you supply AC (lighting both) it will appear yellow.

--Ben