 Robotics / 1027
Re: Cybermaster & Light sensor
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Thu, 3 Dec 1998 14:25:11 GMT

At 09:59 03-12-1998 Thursday , you wrote:
Another question would be: Which sensors require power to operate?  Only
the light sensor (in active mode), or other sensors as well?  How about
the angle sensor?  Does it require power to operate?  Or the temperature
sensor?

My latest tests indicate that SensorType() does not exist with CyberMaster.
I think the main function of SensorType() is to switch external power on/off depending the sensor type. Since this function seems to not exist, it is not possible give power to sensors in CyberMaster.

-
Also using NQCC 1.0B2 constants and functions, I came to following conclusions:
Sensor() responds to these types of data:

STYPE_SWITCH
STYPE_TEMP
STYPE_LIGHT

But do not respond to STYPE_ANGLE.

-
Also, SensorMode() seems to acknowledge the following constants:

SMODE_RAW
SMODE_BOOL
SMODE_EDGE
SMODE_PULSE
SMODE_PERCENT

And don't seem to respond to the following ones:

SMODE_CELCIUS
SMODE_FAHRENHEIT
SMODE_ANGLE

-
It's important that someone else confirm these conclusions.
Any volunteers? :-)

Laurentino Martins

[http://www.terravista.pt/Enseada/2808/]