 Robotics / 1007
Re: Cybermaster & Light sensor
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Thu, 3 Dec 1998 00:02:06 GMT

Hi Folks,
I've just come to the same conclusion as Eric on this one. My previous tests
were for the powered mode. The passive mode seems to work fine (though ut
does seem to require a resonably bright light source). Guess which mode I
wanted to use (sigh!). Anyone come up with a hack to let the CM user powered
mode?

Andy

Ok. There are two ways to use the light sensor, both powered and • unpowered.
When unpowered it just senses environment light, powered it will emitt its
own light, so doesn't need environmental light. Cybermaster can use the
sensor unpowered, but I didn't try to power it yet.

I just gave it a quick try; indeed the Cybermaster unit does NOT power the
light sensor. But it can use it as a passive sensor.

Eric