 Robotics / 10213
Re: I have a solution for freeing motor ports
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Fri, 21 Jan 2000 15:20:35 GMT

William Desmarais wrote:

You need at least 2 motors to drive your robot and sucessfuly control it.
and you realy need 2 motors (at least) to make your robot pre form a multi
task function.

        So this is my solution to this problem.  Get the lego RC racer to drive
your robot around.  Then your left with all 3 outputs on the RCX.  Last
you can get the lego mindstorm remote to excute you robots programs from a
distance.

any feedback on what you think of this would be gerate.

Why not use a second RCX brick?  One RCX would be responsible for
driving the system, steering it, and perhaps doing one other function,
and the other RCX brick would be responsible for up to 3 other
functions.   The RCX's can talk to eachother via IR.

R/C is pretty neat, of course, but if the brick can't actually interface
to it, using the RC car as the driver mechanism would just give you an
R/C car with a few bells and whistles added onto it, rather than an
actual autonomous robot.  Of course, if that's what you're after, then
go for it.  I just find the idea disharmonious with the robotics
mindset, personally.

Mark