 Robotics / 10207
Re: I have a solution for freeing motor ports
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Fri, 21 Jan 2000 02:53:21 GMT

I'm assuming that the R/C transmitter is modulating two channels on either
27Mhz or 49Mhz...it is probably a non-digital-proportional servo system, so it
is forward or reverse on channel A and left or right on channel B to the servo
units.  I don't see how a transmitter could be effectively harnessed, but I'm
not saying it couldn't.

I was looking at a relay-type system to select between motors on the A/C
outputs.

Dave

In lugnet.robotics, Richard Franks writes:
In lugnet.robotics, desmarais1@firstclass.wit.edu (William Desmarais) writes:

So this is my solution to this problem.  Get the lego RC racer to drive
your robot around.  Then your left with all 3 outputs on the RCX.  Last
you can get the lego mindstorm remote to excute you robots programs from a
distance.

any feedback on what you think of this would be gerate.

Now, what would be interesting is if you could sacrifice 1 motor output to
power a mini radio-transmitter. Am I right in thinking that this could be • quite
small - ie a 2x2 brick encasing the crystal?

How does the radio control car work anyway - could the RCX ocillate between
sending a seperate signal for acceleration, and a signal for steering?

Hmm.. if this works then it could be time to invest in the (until now) useless
LEGO RC car after all!

*ponder*
Richard