 Robotics / 10076
Re: Multitasking
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Fri, 14 Jan 2000 20:57:02 GMT

From: "David Leeper" <david.leeper@destiny.com>
Thanks for for clarifying the differences between the RCX capabilites and • the
default firmaware capabilities. LegOS sounds like thge right to for true
multitasking. But while I'm using the default firmware, it sounds like the
sleep task method used by that firmware suffers from many of the same
limitations of a simpler single task.

I was planning on doing this with LegOS, which uses a different scheduler
(and John said).  With the standard firmware it might work as well, it
really depends on how slow the thread switching is.  There are tasks where
response time wouldn't be quick enough though.

Hopefully I'll get a chance to play with a lego two wheeled vehicle over the
weekend.  It might be fun to build a two-wheeled vehicle with the wheels
side by side as well, so that it has to balance itself front to rear.  That
would get tricky while starting and stoppping.

alex