 Publishing / Photography / 82
Re: Photography Techniques...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.publish.photography
Date:
Thu, 8 Nov 2001 15:24:32 GMT

In lugnet.publish.photography, Dave Johann writes:
In lugnet.publish.photography, Geordan Hankinson writes:
He'y'all,

Two parts to this post, feel free to respond to either or both...

part I

I'm having trouble with takin pictures,

Some times they turn out too dark, sometimes they turn out kind of like they
were under candle light, :-)

any ideas on lighting? I'm looking for results like this...

you get the idea... any thoughts on the lighting?

One final thing you might try (and again, Photoshop works wonders here) is
adjusting the levels on your pics. I did this to the two pictures you
highlighted above and there was a remarkable difference. Even using 'auto
levels' in Photoshop will produce better results than a camera alone will (true
for cheaper cameras like mine).
here are the quick (but grainy) results. Ths only occured because I compressed
the images a bit for space:

Note that the color is brighter than in your folder.

-Dave

Thanks Dave! I'll definitely keep that in mind next time I post pictures,

the graininess was already there though on the original photo, I think I
figured out how to fix that though. :-)

Thanks again!

-Geordan-

part II • <SNIPPED due to great responses already)
Thanks everyone! =^)

-Geordan-