 Publishing / Photography / 248
Re: What camera do you guys use?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.publish.photography
Date:
Tue, 8 Jul 2003 12:16:15 GMT

In lugnet.publish.photography, Adrian Egli wrote:
   In lugnet.space, John Henry Kruer wrote:

So, what do you guys use? Any recomendations?

-JHK

I’ve been using the Coolpix 5000 for a little over a year now and am happy. The Fuji looks like a good choice but one thing I’ve learned w/ today’s digital cameras is that they eat up batteries! I strongly suggest you look at power requirements and options the manufacturer can provide.

The Fuji uses 4 AA batteries, so I plan to get (or use my current) rechargable NIMH batteries. It did pretty good on pattery life, too. I believe it lasted over 3 hours, which is very good.

Example- I used to own the Coolpix 880 and it uses those overpriced and sometimes hard to find 2CR5 lithium batteries. Fortunately, Nikon got smart when it came out w/ the 5000 by providing the rechagable Li-ion 2CR5 battery and charger w/ the camera (you had to buy separately w/ the 880). One accessory bought separately and love is the AA battery pack that attaches beneath the camera that also forms a good grip for shooting vertical and provides vertical release too. AA cost much less than 2CR5’s and best of all can be bought just about anywhere.

Yeah, I usually prefer AA to fancy propiertary batteries.

-JHK