 Publishing / Photography / 247
Re: What camera do you guys use?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.publish.photography
Date:
Tue, 8 Jul 2003 12:13:47 GMT

In lugnet.publish.photography, Adrian Drake wrote:
   In lugnet.space, John Henry Kruer wrote:

So, what do you guys use? Any recomendations?

I have a Nikon Coolpix 4500, which is the followup to Bram’s 900 series. It has an excellent macro zoom, and has enabled me to take some pretty high quality pictures. I recommended it to a Nature Photography friend of mine when he was in the market for a new camera and he’s got nothing but high praise for it as well. The split body is a nifty gimmick that I like. The only down sides are it has a relatively slow shutter speed and sometimes takes a little while when it is autofocusing on something close. It’s got a 4x optical zoom which is more than enough for most Lego purposes.

Yeah, I definently considered the 4500. Only thing I didn’t like was the small lens with limited aperatures (you need a small aperature for really close photography) and no hot shoe. But it is a very respectable camera....

-JHK