 Publishing / Photography / 241
Re: What camera do you guys use?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.publish.photography
Date:
Tue, 8 Jul 2003 02:52:55 GMT

In lugnet.space, John Henry Kruer wrote:

So, what do you guys use?  Any recomendations?

I have a Nikon Coolpix 4500, which is the followup to Bram's 900 series.  It has
an excellent macro zoom, and has enabled me to take some pretty high quality
pictures.  I recommended it to a Nature Photography friend of mine when he was
in the market for a new camera and he's got nothing but high praise for it as
well.  The split body is a nifty gimmick that I like.  The only down sides are
it has a relatively slow shutter speed and sometimes takes a little while when
it is autofocusing on something close.  It's got a 4x optical zoom which is more
than enough for most Lego purposes.

Consider the pictures I've taken since December of last year with this camera.
The entirety of my lighting are overhead fluorescents with daylight-emulating
bulbs, and no flash.  The images are sometimes brightened a bit with Paint Shop
Pro, but I didn't manipulate the images I took of the Arcalaxis at all.  Those
are straight out of the camera like that.

Adrian
--
http://www.brickfrenzy.com