 Publishing / Photography / 249
Re: What camera do you guys use?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.publish.photography
Date:
Tue, 8 Jul 2003 12:18:56 GMT

In lugnet.publish.photography, Paul Baulch wrote:
   In lugnet.space, John Henry Kruer wrote:
   So, what do you guys use? Any recomendations?

I don’t know how hard it is to find these features, but it’s nice to have:
  • A power-in socket to take advantage of your camera not going about, so you don’t have to use batteries.
  • A jack for an external flash, which allows you to flash the subject further to the side, which lights it better instead of washing it out. This one might be difficult to find, though.

Well, this has an AC input jack and a hotshoe, if that’s what you mean...

Regarding the S602, I like the sound of faster shutter times, that means you don’t have to worry so much about using a tripod to avoid hand-jitter. The high-ISO claim also sounds good, it means you could conceivably avoid using flash entirely and just use a well-lit room, although they’re only available if you’re using 1 megapixel, in which case it might come out blurry like my Kodak DC215... :-(

The high ISO was very interesting, and I can’t wait until I get the camera. (In one or two months, hopefully!)

I’m going to try using a few cheap slave flashes with diffusures, and see how good they work.

-JHK