 Publishing / Photography / 193
Re: Nikon CoolPix 2100 Rating?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.publish.photography
Date:
Wed, 23 Apr 2003 14:34:29 GMT

Regardless of which camera you choose, invest the $20 to get one of those
dedicated USB memory card readers.  I find this to be a very convenient way
to get pictures out of my cameras without being tied to whatever upload
software comes with the camera.  Since I got one of these, I have taken to
using CF cards instead of floppy disks for sneaker-netting files between my
desktop and laptop machines.  Also great for use with MP3 players!

My USB camera (Kodak DC4800) appears as a new drive in Windoze which is very
convenient since I can use any file manager to get the photos out of the
camera. So no need for any extra card reader there.

I could also use the camera as file storer/transporter but have not used that
functionality since all my computers are hooked up at the home LAN.

Best regards,
/Tobbe
http://www.lotek.nu
(remove SPAM when e-mailing)