 Publishing / HTML / 467 (-20)
  Re: Got an AFOL record setting Lego MOC!?

(...) Don't tell me, you're vying for the title of 'largest collection of old gray?' -Tim (20 years ago, 14-May-04, to lugnet.publish.html, lugnet.publish.photography, lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: Got an AFOL record setting Lego MOC!?

(...) Josh, Your email bounces messages. It says your box is full. LFB (20 years ago, 14-May-04, to lugnet.publish.html, lugnet.publish.photography, lugnet.general, FTX)

  Got an AFOL record setting Lego MOC!?

Comming in the next MONTH, an "unofficial AFOL records site". I came up with this idea today. Basicaly I'm aiming for largest, and most catagories, i.e.: Most minifigs Largest castle Largest Caslte Army Tallest Minifig Building Tallest Tower ... the (...) (20 years ago, 14-May-04, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.publish.html, lugnet.publish.photography, lugnet.general, FTX) !

  Re: my new site

Thanks Bram, They certainly wouldnt be helping. turns out a <p style="clear:all">&nbsp;</p> was all I needed hurrah (21 years ago, 2-Mar-04, to lugnet.publish.html)

  Re: my new site

(...) You've got some extra } in your CSS and some extra " in your HTML code. I suggest you put all the padding for your DIVs in the CSS, not in the HTML. You also have a </p> where there is no opening <p>, which might cause problems. (URL) that (...) (21 years ago, 25-Feb-04, to lugnet.publish.html)

  my new site

Before I officially announce my new site to Lugnet in general, there are a few quirks that need to be ironed out for mozilla and possibly IE on a mac. (URL) in particular seems to be unhappy in mozilla. the aligned left table for the images seems to (...) (21 years ago, 25-Feb-04, to lugnet.publish.html)

  Re: New homepage for LUGNET

(...) That's an excellent idea! (21 years ago, 25-Feb-04, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.publish.html, lugnet.general)

  Re: New homepage for LUGNET

Bill Ward wrote in message ... (...) Icons ONLY if they all have some kind of text explanation as well - which kinda makes them redundant. One person's intuitive icon is another person's "huh?". I frequently find myself baffled by website icons (...) (21 years ago, 25-Feb-04, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.publish.html, lugnet.general)

  Re: New homepage for LUGNET

(...) IMO, CLSOT(whatever) should have it's own newsgroup for announcing reviews, suggesting sites, encouraging voting, and discussing winners. --Bram (21 years ago, 24-Feb-04, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.publish.html, lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: New homepage for LUGNET

(...) How about using different styles of minifigs to represent different themes? A Classic Space minifig for lugnet.space; a knight for lugnet.castle; etc. (...) Yes--LUGNet should be more of a portal to the other online community sites. I think (...) (21 years ago, 24-Feb-04, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.publish.html, lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: New homepage for LUGNET

(...) Yeah, I want to apologize again, I've read 'The European Site' (the only) instead of 'An European Site' (one of). (...) Rather not, thank you ;-)))))))) Publisher and contentwise responsible: René hoping master Rose way 3 16727 upper (...) (21 years ago, 24-Feb-04, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.publish.html, lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.de)

  Re: New homepage for LUGNET

(...) I've always woundered why lugnet.com never was lug.net instead? It's registered now (by CIA but I can't find any homepage at (URL) or (URL) but has it always been? In the same line, 3Com should have (URL) wanted to register lug.se but some (...) (21 years ago, 24-Feb-04, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.publish.html, lugnet.general)

  Re: New homepage for LUGNET

(...) + When browsing the "20 more" links here (URL) it would be cool if I could choose to only se the topics and not all replies as well. (21 years ago, 24-Feb-04, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.publish.html, lugnet.general)

  Re: New homepage for LUGNET

(...) As most webpages have the navigation/menu on the left hand side, there's where I expect to find it if I need it. Having it turn on and off causes the main text to move around on the page, unless a blank space is reserved (which, in itself, is (...) (21 years ago, 24-Feb-04, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.publish.html, lugnet.general)

  Re: New homepage for LUGNET

(...) Well, to clarify this issue: I called 1000steine.de an European site as it is indeed located in Europe. Just in contrast to American sites, Asian sites, etc. I never said that 1000steine.de should be the ultimate paneuropean solution to all (...) (21 years ago, 24-Feb-04, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.publish.html, lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.de)

  Re: New homepage for LUGNET

(...) Very nice! My only complaint is that all the black is gone, leaving the page with too much white space. But everything else is great. Marc Nelson Jr. (21 years ago, 23-Feb-04, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.publish.html, lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: New homepage for LUGNET

(...) Well I know that there are some goof balls who take the time to use MichLUG.org's contact form to spam us MichLUGers. So if someone is willing to waste their time on that I can only assume the same would be true of a much larger site like (...) (21 years ago, 23-Feb-04, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.publish.html, FTX)

  Re: New homepage for LUGNET

(...) Orion, do you have any basis for making a blanket statement such as your first sentence? I'm not trying to defend or condemn anybody, but that's bad logic to just say "trust me.." and not give any reason. Your next sentence provides a reason, (...) (21 years ago, 23-Feb-04, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.publish.html, lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: New homepage for LUGNET

(...) I've been thinking about this for a while myself. It's a great way to stimulate both creativity and lateral thinking! May I suggest "Tricky Bricks Incorporated" and propose the small rubber band holder as the first contender: (URL) should be (...) (21 years ago, 23-Feb-04, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.publish.html, lugnet.general)

  Re: New homepage for LUGNET

Todd, et al: Here is a quick and dirty idea for a new home page. I cobbled it together in photoshop. It is relativly unpopulated and it not very space-optimized. But I hope you get the idea: (URL) idea is the left column is Lugnet-specific stuff, (...) (21 years ago, 23-Feb-04, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.publish.html, lugnet.general, FTX) !

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact