 Publishing / HTML / 454
Re: New homepage for LUGNET
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.publish.html, lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 24 Feb 2004 12:46:09 GMT

In lugnet.admin.general, Anders Isaksson wrote:
Mike Thorn wrote:

We all probably confirm this ourselves. When we visit a new website,
typically the first place we look is the left side or the masthead.
The natural left-to-right motion takes our eye then to the right side
of the page, then farther down.

You do realise there's nothing *natural* about that? Not even half the
worlds population read text in the direction we happen to be using.

Also, with the way most advertisements show up on pages, many people tend to
ignore both the left and right margins.

As most webpages have the navigation/menu on the left hand side, there's where I
expect to find it if I need it.

Having it turn on and off causes the main text to move around on the page,
unless a blank space is reserved (which, in itself, is a bad thing).

--
Best regards,
/Tobbe